Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hump Day

Hump day.

This morning I changed up the green smoothie breakfast with a little pumpkin pie oatmeal


 Oats, canned (yeah, ew, I know) pumpkin, vanilla rice protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, extra cinnamon, stevia, and goji berries.
Noteworthy:
For dinner last night, made my Mama Samaan (this is how I will refer to Gabbi for future reference), we had a mix of this (not sure of the name but it was GOOD, recipe to come shortly, also...)

 No recipe yet but it was an Arabic dish consisting of lentils, brown rice, and sauteed onions
Trust me, it made a big impression on me!

 Green salad with Cumin Dressing ala Lori (recipe below)

 A little somethin' for the meat lovers in the house... I passed...

And a naked dessert


And to sum up this post, the new Wednesday Weekly Challenge is....

Drum roll please...

I will try to learn a new yoga pose everyday. This may seem like a simple challenge but I know from experience that it is not. It took me a long time to learn one of my favorites, Pincha Mayurasana, also known as, forearm stand. Every time I learn the new pose, or attempt it, I'll post a picture! That way you can laugh. ;-)

And let's not forget about my water challenge... Here are the totals for the week:
Wednesday 12/9: 3.5 Liters
Thursday: 3 Liters
Friday: 3 Liters
Saturday: 3.5 Liters
Sunday: 3 Liters
Monday: 3
Tuesday: 2.5
Wednesday: 2.5 Liters and counting

Not too shabby.

Here is a simple dressing for you, as promised above.

Cumin Dressing
Serves about 2 people or a medium salad

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbps orange juice
  • 1 tbps Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • splash of white balsamic vinegar
  • pepper to taste
Mix and serve over salad.

Bloughts for the day:
*Why do you continue doing what you do- be it running, cycling, walking, hiking, dancing, blogging, reading, cooking, etc.? What is it about your "go-to" activity that keep you coming back for more?
*What is your weekly or just a daily challenge going to be?


4 running thoughts:

Anju said...

YAY a new yoga pose everyday! What a great challenge. That naked dessert looks good too - what's in it??

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Can't wait to see how your new yoga pose a day goes :) I love it! I love learning new things from yoga, to cooking, to anything really. Ok I am a dork LOL. I just love listening and learning from others because there is just so much information and knowledge nowadays, so much to read which can be difficult and confusing at times ;/

Lori said...

Thanks Angel! The naked dessert is just the "dressed dessert" without the topping. Essentially, it's apples mixed with a blend of dates, an orange, cinnamon, a little salt, some water, and a splash of lemon... it's close to Ani Phyo's apple pie recipe in her uncook book. :)

Lori said...

Twins, I know what you mean! There is just so much info out there and so much to learn from others that it is overwhelmingly amazing! I love learning about nutrition, exercise, food, yoga, running, health, sciency stuff ;) It's all so interesting! Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment