Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Titleless post

Yeah, I couldn't think of a post name, so it did not get one.

This morning, as usual I continued on my P90X journey. Even though I have a wrist brace on, I'm lifting through the workouts... although I'm saving the ones with push-ups until later on this week. It hurts my wrist/hand to put pressure on it (as doing a push-up would cause) so I'm doing what I can. The brace helps.

Anyway, this morning was P90X Back & Biceps:
(All pull-up/chin-ups are using an elastic resistance band)

Pull-ups/chin-ups  Wide front pull-ups
Lawnmowers
Twenty-ones
One-arm cross-body curl
Switch grip pull-up
Elbows-out lawnmower
Standing bicep curl
One-arm concentration curl
Corn cob pull-up (pull-up, move right, move left, move center, head out/in, repeat)
Reverse grip bent-over row
Open-arm curl
Static arm curl
Towel pull-up
Congdon locomotive
Crouching Cohen curl One-arm corkscrew curl
Chin-up
Seated bent-over back fly
Curl-up/Hammer down
Hammer curl
Max rep pull-up
Supermans
In-out hammer curls
Strip-set curl

This is a pretty tough routine. There is really no resting, just straight through. I am now lifting more than I ever have and I feel strong. To be honest, the P90X program is fun. Although I would like to get back into yoga. Before I started training for the marathon I completed in October, I was going to hour and a half power yoga classes three to four times a week. I felt great doing that! Note to self: winter is a good time to get back into yoga.

Speaking of yoga, yogadownload.com is a great website that let's you download yoga (hence the name) right to your computer, either just the audio, or the audio and visual. With various types, all skill levels, and class ratings, nothing could be more convenient or a better price. With yoga studios charging quite a bit monthly, yogadownload.com is pretty cheap. Most of the classes are only a couple of dollars. So, no excuses not to keep up with your yoga routine. Hmmm, good timing. Tomorrow's P90X dvd is yoga. I think I may just replace that with a downloaded one.

In the spirit of exercise, here's a little recipe to help you stay fueled with whatever calorie burner you choose. I give you, the no-bake, no-equipment-necessary, free of gluten, dairy, and refined sugar: Trail Mix Cookies

Trail Mix Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup soaked and sprouted buckwheat groats
  • 3-4 tbsp raw almond butter
  • 3 tbsp agave
  • 1-2 tbsp raw honey (can use only honey or only agave if you like)
  • 3 tbsp goji berries
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp raw cacao nibs
  • 1/2-1 tsp salt (depending on how "sweet and salty" you would like this)
  • Cinnamon, cayenne pepper, (and secret ingredient) cumin- all to taste- I used around 1/2 tsp for cinnamon, a little less for the cayenne pepper and cumin
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Make into balls, cookie shapes, or "bar" form and stick in the freezer for 15 minutes or eat as is. 



*Option to process half of the sprouted buckwheat before mixing all ingredients.
*Option to dehydrate to desired warmth or bake as a "real" cookie, 350 degrees, 10-15 minutes

Have a wonderful night and Wednesday morning (as I tend to post at night)!!

3 running thoughts:

katie said...

Hey lady!

How is P90X going?

Today I am doing Insanity Plyo, so far it's killer, my legs are constantly sore. I cannot wait to see how the max workouts go, then I am moving into a hybrid P90X/Insanity program.

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I don't and I wonder how many cals these workouts burn...

Tomorrow I pick 3 Zevia Giveaway WINNERS - http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Pure2Raw Twins said...

I hate it when we can not think of good title names... it is hard! LOL Seeing your P90X sessions is really making us want to give it a try. UMMM love the trail mix cookies... can I have one?

Lori said...

I recommend P90X to anyone!!! And yes you can have the trailmix cookies! Take them all! I won't eat them that way! haha!

Post a Comment