Friday, December 11, 2009

The water drinking continues

But before I get into this post I would like to just say that, as promised, today and yesterday were MUCH better days. Thank you for asking.  ;-)

I apologize for not post last night, as the day got away from me quite quickly. My sister is in town again, visiting and I took some time to make a delicious dinner for her arrival. More on that after this brief challenge update:

Totals for Thursday's Wednesday Weekly Challenge water consumption: 3 Full Liters

Today (Friday)'s Wednesday Weekly Challenge water consumption so far: 1.5 Liters and for me it's only 11:00 am! Not bad! Although this morning's workout definitely helped. This morning, I crawled out of my nice warm bed and made my way downstairs to turn on my favorite DVD series... P90X.

P90X: Core Synergistics
  1. Stacked Foot/Staggered Hands Push-up
  2. Banana Roll (on back, arms stretched overhead, legs at 45 degrees- like a banana- then roll to the left balancing on hip, roll to stomach balancing with arms stretched overhead, legs stretched up, roll to right balancing on hip, repeat)
  3. Leaning Crescent Lunges (lunge with 5 lb weight in each hand, as you lunge bring hands straight overhead at angle of your body then bring them back to come out of lunge)
  4. Squat Run (5 lbs in each hand- runner's stance squat, moving arms back and forth fast like you're running)
  5. Sphinx Push-up (max reps)
  6. Bow to Boat
  7. Low Lateral Skaters (20 reps)
  8. Lunge & Reach (5lb weights, same as leaning crescent lunge but lunging at a 45 degree angle)
  9. Prison Cell Push-up (max reps, push-up, bring left leg in to chest, right leg in to chest, push-up, jump up, repeat)
  10. Side Hip Raise (20 reps per side)
  11. Squat X-Press (10lb weights, squat, as you come out of squat, raise arms in air to make an X)
  12. Plank to Chaturanga (60 seconds total, in regular plank position bring left leg in, alternate right leg 10 seconds, then down to Chaturanga, hold 10 seconds, repeat)
  13. Walking Push-up (in plank position, walking up and back for 4 counts each)
  14. Superman Banana (same as banana roll but only on stomach and back, no hips)
  15. Lunge Kickback Tricep Curl Press (20 reps, 10lbs each hand)
  16. Towel Hoppers (60 seconds hop back and forth over a towel)
  17. Reach High & Under Push-ups (max reps)
  18. Steam Engine (50 reps each side, standing, hands behind head, bring right leg up twisting to left elbow, alternating)
  19. Dreya Roll (WORKS THE CORE, good enough description)
  20. Plank to Chaturanga Iso (hold in plank position 10 sec, hold chaturanga 10 sec, alternate for 60 sec)
  21. Halfback (60 sec, like running tires)
  22. Table Dip Alternating Leg Raise (30 reps)
Let's just say this is a really good workout... only two 45 second breaks, otherwise nonstop. I was sweaty. Yum.

Ok, so dinner last night was a recipe that I have been wanted to try for a while. From this fantastic website, Rawmazing, I give you my rendition of Raw Sweet Potato Fries with Chipoltle Mayo... Only mine is Baked Sweet Potato Squared Fries. (haha, I was too lazy to cut the sweet potatoes into strips...)

For my version, I diced 2 giant sweet potatoes and 1 white onion and tossed them in a Pyrex pan with extra virgin olive oil and Nama Shoyu. Sprinkled these with salt and put them in the 400 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes or until tender. Remember to toss occasionally since the Nama Shoyu likes to stick (and then burn) to the pyrex.

Precooked

Rawmazing's Raw Chipotle “Mayo”
1 cup Pine nuts (I used 1 cup of tofu to cut down on the nuts I've been eating, still worked great)
2 tbps Olive Oil
Juice from 1 Lemon
1/2 to 1 clove garlic
1/4 cup Filtered Water
1/2 cup young coconut flesh
3 tsp Chipotle Seasoning (I used a mix of chili pepper, paprika, cumin, and salt)

Place all ingredients in vitamix and blend until very smooth. Smoother your potatoes in the "mayo" as I did...

And eat with a green salad with avocados like I did... yum...

 
Sorry the pics are so dark

This recipe is divine. Rawmazing's creator is Susan Powers. She has some amazing recipes and pictures to go along with them. Hunger strikes when visiting her site... you have been warned.

And finsihing off this post for this rainy Friday (but yay it's Friday!), is this little quote with a big meaning:



4 running thoughts:

katie said...

Hey lady - How is P90X?

I am doing Insanity and I may add in a few P90X workouts - which ones are cardio based?

http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Katie, I can't wait to try Insanity! I just need to buy it first. I have one more week left of P90X! (My results were not that great- I can definitely lift more and am much stronger but I have not lost a pound...blah, lol)

P90X Cardio routines include:
Plyometrics
Kenpo X
Core Synergistics
Cardio X
Ab Ripper X

All of these are great workouts!

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Wow that is some workout :) You are beating us on the water intake for sure... we need to get moving , haha.

katie said...

I might add Kenpo and Cardio X to my regimen.

Insanity is KICING MY A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment