Monday, December 21, 2009

I returned

Wow, the weekend went by fast! Hope everyone had a fantastic couple of days! Sorry no post this weekend but I was pretty busy. Let me recap for you:

Friday night I went to the Ballet! A friend and myself saw the Nutcracker. It was amazing. The dancing was so beautiful. Those people are talented! They could literally bend their bodies in half, kicking their leg up straight to their face, all without moving the rest of their body at all. It was crazy. They make yogis look stiff. I had a great time. Prior to the show starting, we grabbed some drinks and dinner.

Big glass of Shiraz
 
Best Pomegranate Martinis Ever
 
 

Saturday, I took advantage of the warm weather we were having and took went for a run in Los Gatos. This is one of my favorite places to run because the scenery is fantastic. The run I do goes up the Los Gatos Creek Trail, up to the top of the dam, around the side and into the hills. I go all the way to the top of St. Joseph's Hill and then back down on the other side. This run has some major hills. I ran about 6.5 miles and it took me about 58 minutes. Not bad.

When I got home from my run, Mama Samaan had made a ton of German Christmas cookies. I have never had better German cookies, ever. They were super fluffy and flaky and not super sweet- they were perfect.

Saturday night we had an Arabic meal, consisting of all my favorites (only one pictured). As mentioned before, my boyfriend is half Arabic so, on occasion, I get to taste a wide variety of Arabic foods, dishes, etc. (Such a horrible job but somebody's gotta do it! Yeah right! I love it!). My boyfriend's father and mother are both home now in California from their home in England for the next couple of weeks. We're going to be eating quite a lot of crazy good foods for a while! (more pictured later)

Mmmmm, homemade (and authentic) hummus. Yes those are homemade pickles, and yes it was amazing with the hummus.



Yesterday, Sunday, again, I did an easy run outdoors. I can't believe I have not been running as much as I used to. I miss it. This run was about 4.5 miles. I loved every step and every breath of fresh air.

After the run I took a trip over to Pure2Raw.com and made their You-Have-To-Make-These Candy Cane Macaroons. I followed their recipe pretty closely and they turned out amazing. And now, I can't stop eating them! Thank you twins! I highly suggest everyone to try them. I think I will be making more of these tonight and sending them to my family as presents!  




And that leaves me to today. This morning I cleansed my body with a little P90X Plyometrics sweating action. Always leaves me refreshed (and ready for a shower)! And, at work now, watching it POUR. It's seriously coming down here. Anyway, only 4 more days til Christmas! Hope your shopping's done! Mine isn't... I know, slacker.


2 running thoughts:

Pure2Raw Twins said...

So glad to hear you had a great time at the Nutcracker Ballet ; ) and yay for the peppermint macs, so glad you enjoyed them!!! Have fun shopping ; )

katie said...

The macaroons look amazing!

P90X Plyo is so awesome! I did it Friday and loved it.

I did Insanity Cardio Power today.

<3

Happy Tuesday,

Katie

http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/2009/12/win-some-booty-slim-secrets-winners.html

Post a Comment