Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The new, the informed, and the old

What do you think of the new look? Spiffy? Well, don't get used to it because it's going to be changing a lot in the next few weeks, but hopefully days.

Has anyone read this article by Dr. Mercola, Beward of the Agave Nectar Heath Food Fraud???? If not, read it. Especially if you consume agave nectar. Now, I don't want to get into all the hype. I don't want to get on board with a food frenzy, but if this article is grounded on facts, then agave syrup is worse than high fructose corn syrups. Um, is anyone else a little grossed out by this claim?

Just food for thought (yes, pun intended)... The media does a great job at letting us know what is good for us and what is bad. Thanks Media! So, what do you think of this claim? Personally, I do not consume large amounts of agave but I used to. I guess the sugar solution is to use whole fruits for a sugar source, if you need the sugar, that is.

And enough of that.

Short post today, folks. Lots to do and lots to sort out in my head. I'm struggling here with some internal issues but hopefully, I'm out of the rut soon. Actually very soon because today is my boyfriend's 26th birthday (Hi Oldie!). Happy Birthday, Sascha!
Raw cupcakes made by Shannon Marie
(no, it's just one of her pictures... not lucky enough to actually have one...)
Shannon Marie, you rock with your cupcakes!

6 running thoughts:

Katie said...

Hey now! 27 isn't old!!! Happy birthday Sascha, who is 27 years YOUNG! :D

shannonmarie said...

Thanks so much for the shout out. Happy b-day to your boyfriend. I'm older than him, too :-)

BTW, my sister's name is Lori. She thinks she is one of the youngest Loris around (apparently the name dropped dramatically in popularity after she was born). She's 30.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

Happpy bday to the boyf!!

THe new layout is nice..cleaner, which is great!

Question you asked me re my daily eats, girl i will never be doing that on the blog, too much room for judgment and comparison by the masses, neither of which serve a purpose.

Popularity? It's called commenting on 50 blogs a day every day for a year :) I would say that and content are the 2 things. And also there are some very popular blogs that i fail to see the appeal..truly. There is also some "magic" involved sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a new boyfriend because your old one is only 26 :-)

Pure2Raw Twins said...

Happy Bday to your BF! :) Shannon is amazing with those cupcakes :) PS_ Love Averie's comment here! So true!

arcellgonzalez said...

I always like to stay on your site because you have created very nice,useful and interesting blogs. The cup cakes you have shared over here are really nice and they seems to be very yummy.
gym bags

Post a Comment