Superfood Good 'n Green Smoothie
- 1 lovely banana
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup (or so) parsley
- 1 full tbsp maca
- 1 tbsp ProGreens or green powder
- generous good shakes of cinnamon (we all love you Cinnamon!)
- 1-1 1/2 cups almond milk
- few drops of liquid Stevia, or other sweetener
Oh, but you don't know have any superfood cookies laying around? Well, then you'll just have to make some!This recipe is inspired by the lovely lady responsible for the delicious blogging at Sweet & Savory.
She posted a recipe for Flourless PB & Coconut Cookies that looked so good, I just had to make them... with a twist.
My gluten free, vegan version, dubbed Almond Butter Coconut Cookies, or Raw Superfood Cookies, depending on your preference, goes a little something like this...
Almond Butter Coconut Cookies with Superfood Status
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp baking soda (not raw. omit for raw cookies)
- 2 tbsp almond flour or millet flour (or any other flour you'd like)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful(s) of goji berries and carob or chocolate chips
Plop and press onto a lined cookie sheet or dehydrator tray. You get to chose if you want these baked, dehydrated, or just plain good 'ole cookie dough raw. (I tried all, and it's delicious any way!)
Sweet & Savory!
And you really have to try the smoothie with the cookies... or I guess the cookie crumbed up inside the smoothie. It's sooooooooo good!
Let the Green Weeks continue!