Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good Eats!

**Post from Wednesday, Nov. 4th that accidentally did not get posted... Oops!
Here you go, better late than never.**

*From Wednesday* Today, again, the sun is shining. Oh how I love it. Let me count the ways...

1. Woke up at 5:50 AM
2. Blended together a super delicious smoothie for my breakfast at work
3. Drove to the Los Gatos Creek Trail and raw in the brisk morning air with the sun warming me; the wind adding some resistance
4. Finished my 6.42 mile run and headed to the gym to shower
5. At work devouring enjoying my smoothie
Chia Berry Smoothie
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup blackberries (or other berry)
  • 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
  • 2 cups fresh spinach (favorite ingredient!!)
  • 1-2 cups young coconut water
  • 1 heaping Tbps protein powder (I used a vegan vanilla rice protein mix)
  • dash of Stevia
  • 1-2 cups ice
Blend until smooth. Drink from a mason jar at work, or wherever you may be.

Well, that is my morning so far. The run was fantastic. ;) I should run more. I missed it!

Last night I got to have a cooking date with my boyfriend. He's a fantastic cook and a meat-lover, and that is putting it lightly. Culinarily, he is a genius (but don't tell him I said that!). It must be those hours of watching Alton Brown on Good Eats.

He sauteed some veggies and steak for himself and chopped mine.
(Pardon the messy kitchen, there is cooking going on...)



While I made the salad and a Chickpea Flour pizza for myself,
topped with cauliflower, red peppers, zucchini, spinach, cilantro, and a "cheese" sauce.


Cheese sauce was a mixture of nutritional yeast, nama shoyu, water, tahini, salt, cayenne pepper, whatever else sounded good. Secret ingredient is MISO! (I was out of Miso but this is a must)



Then onto dessert! Bliss Coconut Ice Cream (some of the best stuff on Earth!) with a raw brownie bite.
All sprinkled with cinnamon and vanilla rice protein powder. It was pretty darn good.



Chickpea Pizza Crust:
1 cup chickpea flour (also known as besan)
1 cup cooked (or sprouted) quinoa
1 1/2 cups (or depending on how thick/thin you want the consistancy) water
dash of soy sauce or nama shoyu
Add-ins:
salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, green onions
or
salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, other Italian spices

Mix all together in a bowl or process in food processor. You can bake (at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so), dehydrate (a couple of hours), or pan fry with coconut oil (since coconut oil works better with high heats!). And then enjoy by itself or top with a creative mix of culinary genius. I know you have it in you!

Chow.

0 running thoughts:

Post a Comment