Monday, April 19, 2010

Green Week Participants and Outdoor Adventures

Who's workin' that Green Week Challenge shiiiiit stuff? They are...
Living, Loving, Learning is greening Green Weeks.
The Kitchen of a Runner is doing it in Green...
Cardio Foodie is rockin' the blog info.
Coffee is my Carrot posted challenges here and here!
Sweet and Sweat knocked off some challenges too.
The Vegster is using her Earth knowledge to compete.

And but of course, Katie is Making Food And Other Stuff green style.

Gabbi (or, as I like to call her, Mama Samaan (the boyfriend's mom)) is reducing her carbon footprint too... and sending me pictures to prove it!
She's eatin' her veggies
Cold washin'
Sun dryin'
Grocery store BYO baggin'
And compost pilin'
Mama Samaan, you are on a roll!
Thanks for being up for the Challenge!

Remember, there are prizes to be won!!!

Anyway, now a segment I like to call, My Weekend.  
When I got home from work on Friday, the boyfriend surprised me with a gift. (I guess he's playing the Green Week Challenges too...)
AND, it's eco-friendly! The label says to.
Yup, I'm sportin' the new gear. And according to the backpack's label, the Eco-Friendly Hang Tag Program has their tags made with 100% post consumer recycled paper and printed with soy based ink.
Stats include:
4,068 Trees saved
756,902 Gallons of water saved
3,476 energy units saved
North Face, thank you for doing your part!

And Sunday I got to use my new backpack!
Have I ever mentioned there is amazing hiking in the South Bay area of California?
No? Well, there is!
Boyfriend at the top of a repelling rock... people were actually out there rock climbing!
It was pretty cool... I'm going to need to try that some day!
Lazy boy.

This weekend, we also found a really cool bug that I just had to post.
We saved it and returned it to Mother Earth.
Super metallic and shiny. The pictures do it no justice!

Well, that was my weekend, in a nutshell... Eats will be posted later...
Mmmmm. Mmmmm.
Can we say, 'Basil Kreme Fig Moon Pie'?

6 running thoughts:

Katie said...

I can say Basil Kreme Fig Moon Pie, but I can't taste it...

That, my dear, is a wood boring beetle. Unfortunately a pest and a common infester of lumber. The beetle thanks you. The lumber industry? Not so much. :D

Heather Pace said...

Thanks for letting me know about your moonie - wow, sounds/looks fabulous! Yum yum, very creative!

Pure2raw twins said...

I wish we had hiking trails like that over here.

Your moonie pie sounds amazing!!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

I posted on Friday about Green Week and all that I did for it
http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2010/04/protein-update-metabolic-typing-mango.html
I am trying to plug you guys and your awesome week best I can!
Also posted about it Saturday, too!

I LOVE these pics of you outdoors. You look like the Queen of the Natural World...so beautiful, Lori!!!!
xo

Lori said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Averie, thanks for playing the Green Week Game! And thanks for the Queen of the Natural World comment. I smiled at that one!
:)

arcellgonzalez said...

The all pictures are very awesome and they are saying that you have enjoyed a lot there. Your bag is really nice and it is good that the bag is eco friendly.
gym bags

Post a Comment