Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Cleaning: The Physical & Mental

Happy Saturday and the first day of spring!
Spring Equinox is here and I have some tips to help you "Spring Clean" the mind, body, and soul. The next three days I will be posting tips on each, mind, body, and soul.
Let's start with the mind.
Based on this inspirational article, spring cleaning your body is a practice that we could all start.

The great article by Terri Cole, Start Your Psychological Spring Cleaning, helps to reorganize and rid yourself of the mind clutter and negative thoughts. Her belief is to re-empower yourself with these four steps:

Step One: Identifying Your Racket. 
Step Two: Declaring The Limiting Belief a Lie.
Step Three: Rewrite Your Script.
Step Four: Write Affirmations to Support Your New Script   

We tend to put negative undertones onto our actions, thoughts, and feelings, and most of the time we are not even aware of it. Identifying the racket or negative thoughts you tell yourself and others is the first, and hardest, step. When we realize a racket, write it down, acknowledge it, and move onto declaring it a lie. This racket is definitely a limiting belief that is false. Terri recommends writing down these falses and figuring out the root of where these rackets came from.
Then step three shows up. Rewrite your script. Terri explains, "Here is the deal. It is your life. It is your story. If you don’t like the story line you are currently rocking…CHANGE IT!" I love this idea. Why do we not put positivity onto and into our lives? If you do already, you're way ahead of the game! With this new life script, write affirmations to support it.
Four seemingly simple steps that do take time and do take work. Try them out for a week and see how you feel. I'm going to try these steps this weekend, just to see. Nothing is better than clearing out the clutter and doing a little spring cleaning...

Besides cleaning out the rackets of my mind, I'm going to hopefully tackle all the physical clutter (boxes and boxes of just stuff) that I recently took out of a storage unit. No more storage unit though! That's my step one. Step two, get rid of all the junk that I will not, have not, do not use. Simple. Yeah right. I tend to keep things so this will be a bit of a challenge for me to let go. But when I do get rid of the stuff, I know it will feel like a weight lifted. Can't wait.

To get ready for this spring cleaning, my boyfriend made me some liquid fuel. The first green juice he has ever made (I was proud) was for us to share:
 Tasted...
1 beet
3 carrots
3 celery stocks
1 green apple
1/2 large cucumber
 Not too bad. A little sweet for my taste but still good.
Thanks boyfriend!

Have a great Saturday, first day of spring, and positive, clean, day.

3 running thoughts:

Tricia said...

yum!

Katie said...

I plan on decluttering very soon; mentally and physically. That juice looks refreshing. I bet it would be great with ginger too!

Pure2raw twins said...

I really need to do some spring cleaning! Juice looks great :)

Post a Comment