Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Random is my middle name

The title says it all about this post.

If you do nothing else today, you must read this. It's hilarious. I honestly, laughed out loud multiple times (good thing no patients saw me). Men, read this too. It's written for you. The side comments capture every man’s inner thoughts, whether or not us women want to know them.

And if you are in the mood for some baked goods; wonderful, fresh, homemade with love from bloggers, baked goods, then head on over to online bake sale for Haiti. It's a good cause. You get good food.

This morning, besides reading and bidding on cookies, I took another MMA Boot Camp class at my gym (first one was on Monday morning). Man, I'm telling you, best workout ever. We even used kettle bells. Those things work. I can't wait until I start taking the  Muai Thai classes. Then I'll be reading for fighting. Only with my boyfriend though. I'm just wanting the workout, of course.

And I wanted to tell all of you some great exciting amazing news! Today, after the boot camp class, did my first handstand. I know, this may not be a big deal to you, but to me, it's great! I was really excited, looking around the empty gym room, looking for someone to share my happiness with... alas, I was alone. After trying for what seems like forever in yoga classes and on my own, it finally happened. And the verdict? It was way easier than I thought it would be. All it took was the courage to let myself be in the upside down position. Hmmm. The mind is so powerful with influence. Something to think about.

Last night's note-worthy dinner consisted of a giant green salad (staple) and kelp noodles with a "cheesey" nutritional yeast sauce. I honestly just threw things into a bowl but the ingredients that I can remeber were miso, tahini, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, nama shoyu, cayenne, and paprika and some chopped cilantro. This was one of the best sauces I've made for a cheesey taste. I'll repeat soon and post a recipe.

Looks good, doesn't it!
It was.

Adios.

2 running thoughts:

Jessica said...

LOL I am so glad you thoroughly enjoyed that post!! :)

Jenna said...

Love reading!!

Post a Comment